Sunday, May 12, 2013

Important Info For A Free Online Course!

As predicted, I didn't really have any time to work on ANYTHING this week. I spent my free time cleaning the apartment like a mad-woman, and then I spent my weekend either at work or with my mom. Beyond that, I was working on my niece's baby blanket some more. At this pace I might actually have it done by Christmas....




Barely anything major went on at the forum either. However, due to some coaxing words from ChibiSunnie I started to go back on to Writer's Huddle a little more frequently. It's a good thing too, because I discovered this little tidbit and I wanted to pass it on to you guys.

Honestly, this is the sole reason I wrote ANYTHING for today's blog post. I wanted to make sure any writers out there didn't miss this opportunity.

There is a three-week Flash Fiction online course hosted by Holly Lisle. It is completely free. All you need to do is sign up for her - also free - online writing community. Just go to her writer's boot-camp How To Think Sideways and sign up. Once you do that, there will be emails with links on how to sign up for this specific course. Once you sign up, you're receive the course materials (lessons and demos, etc.) automatically.

Here's a little bit about Holly and how she runs her courses via the Writer's Huddle member who brought this course to my attention:

"Holly Lisle has had over 30 (approx figure) of her fantasy novels published traditionally. I'm currently taking her "How to Revise Your Novel" 22-week, very demanding online course, but I'm super-glad I took this course since my novel has really improved considerably, even without the formal re-write yet.
"Holly can be to an extent profane at times, she's opinionated, and a bit controlling (though she leaves you alone to decide how you want to proceed). She is not aiming at arming you to write literary fiction–or for that matter any specific genre or particular quality-level. She teaches how to write a good story that is marketable in today's market.
"She is an excellent teacher, direct, plain spoken and rather brilliant. Her aim is to train those willing to work to make a living selling fiction, and to that end she is very practical in her approach."

I already joined, although I'll admit I'm a bit intimidated by the whole prospect. I have no clue what I'm about to get myself in to for the next three weeks, but I swore to you guys last week that I'd have something productive to talk about next week. So here's hoping it gives me the kick in the butt I need to get serious about writing.

I also posted this info here so that you guys can join me on this journey! If you do, please let me know in the comments below and we can cheer each other on as we push through this boot camp together!

But hurry up! You only have until
Tuesday, May 14th
to sign up!


So, until next week, one last round of applause to everyone's mother and to every who is a mother.


No comments:

Post a Comment