Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Progress, Presents, and Promotions

I've been slacking. I only opened my word document once this whole week. It's Christmas time, so focus shifted to getting cards and presents set. Plus, work has been... interesting.

But the gifts are just about all set, and the cards should be good to go within the week. Which means I should be able to get back to working on the story this week.

That being said, though, I did manage to work a bit on the story on Wednesday. I even finished off the first draft of chapter 1 for "One and the Same." It needs a bit of polishing. Of course it does, it's a first draft. However, it's done. I just need to transition into chapter 2. Then I have most of three figured out, and four is done.

I've also been thinking about the final chapter. Since I promised some of my readers, I'll hide spoilers regarding my thoughts on the final chapter.



Nothing is written down yet for that final chapter. So that might be my focus this week. That way I have a solid ending. I can then tweak later as I work back to the finale.

While you're waiting for me to get my butt in gear though, there is something else you can read.

Remember over the summer when I talked a bit about Ali Luke's latest novella? Well, it is finally live for mass consumption.
This cover is just so gorgeous. Bravo to Ali's artist Lorna Cowie.
You can check out Ali's book over on Amazon for just $0.99! Or, if you have Kindle Unlimited, you can read it for free. Just be sure to leave her a review once you're done!

Need a reminder of "Not So Imaginary"?
Your "imaginary friends" aren't imaginary at all.
And they're definitely not your friends.


When Ruth tracks her foster brother Jonathan to a flat in South London, she's hoping for a happy reunion.

But Jonathan tells her he can't talk to her and slams the door in her face.

They've been apart since they were children - but she's never stopped being his sister. And when she realizes he's in danger, she vows to protect him, no matter what.

***

Jonathan's website design business is thriving.

It came at a price.

Flint and Corwin, the two "imaginary friends" that have been with him since childhood take it in turns to tell him what to do. Corwin is calm, organised ... and ridiculously uptight. Flint is wildly carefree ... and savagely dangerous.

Jonathan's in too deep to escape. There's no-one he can turn to: he's forbidden to contact Ruth.

He's not even supposed to think about her.

Then she moves into the flat next door.

Clear your evening and sink into this pacy story of a brother and sister, and two not-so-imaginary "friends".
Yeah, go and read her novella. It's dark and intense without being overly so. It's a nice intro to the supernatural universe that the Lycopolis trilogy is set in.

* * * *

There is but one more thing to report this week.

I GOT ANOTHER EMAIL FROM EDENDAPHNE!!!!

She has the line-art done for Willow, and asked me if I had any tweaks. I'm still internally screaming! She looks so awesome.
Maki Natsuo from Love Lab
by Ruri Miyahara
I can't wait to show everyone the completed product!!!!

Sooooo, yeah, that was my week. I hope to have something a bit better to share with you guys next week. Sorry for being so lame the past couple of posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment