Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

A Happy Halloween to everyone!

Those of you that were in the path of Hurricane Sandy’s Frankenstorm, how did you fair? Is everyone alright? Dry? With power?

As promised, I’m giving you this last blog update before I start on my grand journey in to the chaos known as National Novel Writing Month – or NaNoWriMo for short… NaNo for those of us that are super lazy. Are you reading this on my normal Sunday Update Day instead of Halloween when it was posted? Were you out of power/internet until now? If you answered “Yes” to the first question but “No” to the second, was it because you didn’t know I updated? You can make sure you read my posts the day I publish them by following this blog via blogger – I can let you guys know how if need be, just drop a comment below – signing up for the email updates – they’re not spammy and just drop the post conveniently in an email – follow me on Twitter @LycoRogue, or follow me on my facebook page. I’m actually thinking of also starting up one of those Fan Pages or whatever on Facebook. What do you guys think?

Anyway, I think I made progress with some of my planning for my upcoming story. It’s still the awesomely lame working title of “Massive Hybric Crossover Fanfic” but at least my female lead finally has a name: Natalie Myers.

I’m also in the process of filling out the Writing Checklist bullet points brought up in Larry Brooks’ StoryFix blog post. I think I’m doing pretty well. I’m confident so far that I can at least crank out a few chapters in the next month – even if I don’t make that 50k word goal.

This brings me to my next great announcement: My Personal NaNo Goal.

I will still blog during the month! I’ll do the Diary updates like what I do for Script Frenzy, but it will be during my weekly updates instead of my normal end-of-the-month one. Also, I am aiming to have at least one new chapter done by the time I update each week, so aside from knowing how I’m doing you can also read my horrendous updates! It won’t be pretty, but it will hopefully keep me accountable when it comes to my writing.

Finally, before I leave, I'm beyond psyched to announce:
CHIBISUNNIE HAS POSTED HER VERY FIRST STORY!!!!
I personally think she did so well and that I've got some competition in this Halloween contest. ;D

Go check out my awesome beta's work and let her know what you think!

Legend of the Gourd Scarecrow

No comments:

Post a Comment