Sunday, August 19, 2012

Hello? Muse? Where'd ya go?

Yet another week of non-inspiration. I don’t know why, but I’ve been very “meh” as of late. No drive to do anything. Not even passive things such as watch TV or read. In fact, Thursday was the first time I read something in a month. Which pains me since both AngelBlood666 and DarkAngel1326 have new fanfiction posts I have yet to read. I’m actually thankful that Ali Luke announced her pregnancy – Super Congratulations, by the way – this week instead of doing a normal blog post; I wasn’t in the mood to read one. And I’ve been avoiding looking at the artwork ChibiSunnie has been posting lately, because I have no drive to write her any sort of comments, and I want to leave something for her on all her art.

I worked a little on those RP event calendars that I talked about last time. I didn't even have the drive to go back and re-read the forum, so this little project is only just barely started.

Speaking of the forum, well the friend that plays Devon hasn't been on all week. Since at least one or two characters need to talk to him, and he's needed for a "recruitment mission" to bring in another character, all of those people are on hold until he gets back on the forum. And since he was in the middle of a conversation with my character Willow, she's on hold, as well as the three people that need to talk to her and yet another mission to recruit another character. Devon has effectively killed the forum... :P

As for actual writing, well, I again tried. I opened the file and then stared at the screen. :P However, there was SOME development in my story. I have a folder on my computer, and I have a series of files in that folder that related to the chapters. The first 7 chapters that I have posted are all individual files in that folder - as one would expect. But then I have a series of empty word documents also saved in that folder - each one saved with a different chapter title. This way whenever I'm inspired - regardless of which chapter I'm actively working on - I can open up one of these other files and work on that chapter.

Anyway, so when I started the story I had 15 chapters laid out - meaning we'd be roughly at the half-way point by now. However, the longer it takes me to write the more opportunity I have to hear a new song on the radio that works perfectly with the story. Either that, or as I'm writing I discover that a chapter doesn't end as I intended - such as the third chapter. In both cases, I end up creating a new chapter. I had to add in a chapter between my original chapters 3 and 4 in order to break Arnold and Helga up again. I then heard two songs that would work perfectly between my original chapters 6 and 7. The one I'm working on right now, and I JUST added the other one. So now my original chapter 6 is the last chapter I posted, and my original chapter 7 is going to be chapter 10.

Meaning -  at least until I have to add more chapters - my current count is now 18 chapters planned. On the plus side, I'm giving the characters more time to mill things over before reacting, so that's good, right? Man, is this story going to take FOREVER to finish at this rate! I need to really start cracking down. I just need to figure out how to re-spark that drive.

Perhaps this upcoming week will go better for me. I did get a nice review a couple days ago. Maybe I should really put my nose to the grindstone when it comes to this story. Who knows...

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you haven't been inspired to write anything. I hope you get some motivation soon. I know you can do it!

    Anyways, I've been getting the urge to write again, so I may get back to my HEY ARNOLD story during my days off this week. :)

    ReplyDelete