Sunday, May 6, 2012

Liebster Award

Originally this was going to be my Author's Notes post, but something(s) came up that I just need to talk about! And the main part is me thanking a reader and follower for a great honor in my little world.

Kasie Whitener of Life on Clemson Road.

She had commented on my last post and gifted me the Liebster Award .

LIEBSTER AWARD
"A Liebster Blog Award is given to talented bloggers who have less than 200 followers. 'Liebster' is a German word that means 'Dearest' or 'Beloved.' It also means 'Favorite.' So, in a way the award not only recognizes these bloggers as amazingly gifted in their own right but also as your very own personal favorites." --  aRVee at I Love Mandaue

The Liebster Blogger Rules Are:
1. Thank the one who nominated you by linking back.
    -- Check. I linked back to Kasie.
2. Nominate five blogs with less than 200 followers.
    -- Well....  I don't read any blogs with less than 200 followers except for one my friend was writing. But he hasn't done much in the last month. Either way, I guess we can do a shout out to Thinking In My Pajamas. And we'll shout out back to Life on Clemson Road.
3. Let your nominees know by leaving a comment on their sites.
4. Add the award image to your site.
    -- Check it out on the right hand side!!! So pretty!

So YAY! Such sweetness! Such awesomeness! I feel loved. Also, I find it amusing that Kasie awarded me the Liebster for my formatting! YAY!

 "I like The Rogue's Scribe for formatting. I'm also really impressed that she kept a journal. I'm so bad at daily writing that I used to do all of my journal entries the night before they were due. Using different colored pens for each, of course, so they would look like they'd been written on different days. That was fourth grade and I've never gotten any better at it."

Teehee, super duper awesome sauce! :D Now I must search the web for fellow Liebster winners in order to find other great blogs! I also must now try to track down enough "small" blogs to find valid nominees.

In writing news: Guess who already has the next chapter's song picked out, chapter skeletoned, and the outline written! I've been bringing my writing notebook to work since I've had quite a few shifts long enough to have a lunch break in them. I'm just tearing through this chapter. I already know it's going to be mostly dialogue, which will be nice. I just hope it doesn't feel as repetitive as my "I Will Always Love You" chapter. Either way, I feel like I'm in a good groove. I just wish writing that script came so easily as this chapter. I might have actually won. I guess I just wasn't inspired to write that but I'm super inspired to write this. In fact, I wasn't even going to have this chapter. I had an entirely different one planned out, but it didn't feel like it flowed well, so I wanted to write this chapter first. The one I was originally intending on will be either next chapter or the one after that.

With such great progress in my writing, I'm excited to speculate that I might have the next chapter up before June. There are only two things that might prevent me from not making that goal. First is that I NEED TO WRITE MY FRIGGEN WEDDING THANK YOUS! It's been seven months! They NEED to be written already! Sheesh! The second is that I need to finally get around to editing my Operation Ruthless video. The due date was pushed back to June, which really helped me out since I filmed it about two days before it was originally due. I guess bad college habits die hard. Anyway, it's filmed, but I might need to update a few facts on it, I need to capture screen shots and videos to edit in to it, I need to make a few graphics, and I might have to record some more audio with some updated information. It might be a bit of a process, and I want that done before June. If the Thank Yous and Operation Ruthless are completed easily enough I SHOULD also have the next chapter done this month as well! Oh! And don't forget I'm going back to my weekly blog updates. Busy, busy, busy!

Also, I've been obsessing over a small multitude of things lately, which has spawned - at the very least - two new plot bunnies. First up is the song "Do You Want To Date My Avatar?" which is a promotional music video for web series "The Guild" staring Felicia Day. If you play any type of MMO game than THIS is the show for you. Even if you haven't, it's still a great show. Check it out if you haven't before. As for the song I mentioned... well, check out the video yourself!   :D

Anyway, the plot bunny from this song also has a taste of "You've Got Mail." Basically, Helga discovers that Gerald got Arnold in to an MMO, finds out Arnold's character name, creates her own character, and tries to "revive Cecile" via the MMO avatar. She figures she can retry her "Cecile" approach of being her true self via a persona and this time she doesn't have the REAL Cecile ruining everything. The "You've Got Mail" tie-in is that - much like Joe Fox - Helga would know who Arnold is and tries to get him to like her for who she truly is before revealing herself. I think it could be really fun to write. Only problem is that I never had enough expendable cash to actually play a MMO aside from Fiesta. So some researching may be needed. We'll see.

The other plot bunny goes back to an old one actually. Prior to my "I want to do a Hey Arnold!/A Midsummer Night's Dream crossover" idea I had my "Hey Arnold! would be super cool as a Much Ado About Nothing crossover" plot bunny. My biggest issue with that was the sub-/parallel-plot of Claudio and Hero's love gone array. Quick overview of the play:
There's Hero and her Perpetual-Maiden cousin Beatrice. Hero's father is hosting the Prince and his men as they all return victorious from war. Now in a time of peace, they can all think of love. So the Prince's "favorite" Claudio pines for Hero and is quickly engaged to her. Meanwhile, self-proclaimed Perpetual-Bachelor Benedick teases Claudio - a short-lived wing-man - for getting married. Beatrice and Benedick continue a long-standing battle of wits with that Love-Hate passion. The Prince decides to liven up the boredom of waiting for Claudio and Hero's wedding by plotting to get Beatrice and Benedick together. Meanwhile, Prince's half-brother - who fell out of favor with the Prince - plots revenge on his brother's favorite, devising ways to emotionally harm Claudio. I won't give away more than that. 
Now, my issue with doing a straight crossover is that the Poison Tongued Beatrice is the perfect part for Helga, and yet Arnold would better suit the Love-struck and Gullible Claudio. So the "casting" of the play's characters just wouldn't work with their personalities.
HOWEVER, if I take out the Claudio/Hero plot and just focus on friends trying to trick two people in to converting their Love-Hate relationship to a purely Love kind, we might have something. So my idea is to do an "inspired by" adaptation of Much Ado About Nothing. Gerald and Phoebe, for whatever reason, decide to "kill time" during the last few weeks of summer vacation by plotting to get Helga and Arnold together. Chaos ensues. Another one that could be fun. YAY!

Alright, well as I opened with; clearly this wasn't the Author's Notes post I set out to write originally, but it needed to be written first. YAY! The Author's Notes post will either be next week or a "Special Edition" sometime later this week. Depends on my scheduling. :D

Love you all so very much! I'm so glad I'm back. Big internet hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment