Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Closing Out a Complete Trash Year

 

Generated by Bitmoji
I know I used that image last year for 2019, but it feels way more fitting this go. It's amazing how such a trash year was followed by an even worse one! In truth, I am not getting my hopes up for 2021, but I am going to focus on healing this upcoming year. An attempt to get back to what was once normal for me. 

In past years, this would either be where I reflect on the year - not happening - or I talk about my New Years Resolutions. Well, my resolutions are more of a To Do list to help me get back to who I was back in 2017 or 2018.

To start, 2020 was the year of "what even is time anymore?" We all felt it. We fell out of routine when we were forced to lockdown. Even if you were someone who continued working at your normal location the whole pandemic, time seems to have shifted so days just blend together, crawl, but also fly by all at the same time. Right?

I had given up on my time audits because "What is time anyway?" Thus I have no clue where a good half of my year went. My head is swimming just thinking about it. So step 1 is going to be to get back into auditing my time; knowing where it goes so I can adjust accordingly.

Next is finding consistent time to write again. Even if I'm not inspired to write and use that time to catch up on more fanfics or just listen to music, I need to remember to just set aside that time. Be it nightly, every other night, a huge chunk over the weekend or on one of my days off. I just need to prioritize writing again.

Same with reading, actually. Both 2019 and 2020 were trash, and during both years I barely read anything. Coincidence? Well, I mean, yeah. Definitely. 100% coincidence, but still.



I think I'm going to give myself a rule to read fanfics I have earmarked within a week of getting the notification email. That way I make sure to set aside the time to just enjoy stories. As for the professionally published works? I might have to start bringing books to work with me again. Maybe I'll treat myself like I'm 10 and cut off using electronics at a certain time so the last hour before bed is instead spent reading. I'll have to check out those time audits to see what will work best for me, but it couldn't hurt to start with that tactic, right?

My joints may still be too trash to be able to handle Zumba yet, but I DO need to focus on getting this weight off me and moving again. So I might use my original Zumba time to do... SOME sort of exercise. Anything I can find that would be low-impact on the ankles and knees. Maybe focus on weight lifting and my upper body and core? That way, once I can physically do Zumba again I already have the time set aside. 

Hubby and I also talked about having 2 meat-free days a week: one night of eating fish/seafood instead, and one night of a vegetarian meal. We'll also have to focus on cutting down on carbs so that our "vegetarian" option isn't just Mac & Cheese or something.

Just building up routines again is the main focus of 2021 for me. Wish me luck.

Generated by Bitmoji
The fact that last week I was able to set aside time to catch up on 2 fanfics I had on my massive To Read list was a good start. As well as what I did the past two days.

Remember how last week I said I had borrowed Taurus Pixie's Muse? Well, I'm far from finished on the project, but I do have roughly 3500 words already committed to a new story. I don't know if I'll have it done in time to close out this year, but screw it. This year sucked anyway. It seems fitting that the last new upload I did was for Plagg Appreciation Day. 

Plagg, please Cataclysm this year for me.

Generated by Bitmoji
Meh. Close enough.

I am aiming to get this story done and published in time to promote it next Tuesday, so keep your eyes out for that.

How great would it be to start off 2021 with a new story!? That will definitely get me on the right track. That's for sure.
Generated by Bitmoji
Sadly, I can't really talk more about the project now without spoiling some things about it, but, again, I hope the wait isn't much longer on it. On the plus side, having a much shorter blog post than I normally write means I have all this extra time I'm normally working on my posts instead directed towards that story, right?

So, here's to having a better 2021. Here's to having a new story done soon. Here's to starting the new year off right. Most importantly, here's to all of us being kind to ourselves this upcoming year. We are all hurting in one way or another, and we need to remember this new year is for healing.
Generated by Bitmoji
Now for a couple more cathartic 2020 images to make myself feel better, and hopefully cheer you up too before we officially say goodbye to this insane year.
Generated by Bitmoji
This app understands how we all feel.
Generated by Bitmoji
Get out of here, you trash year!

I hope you all can enjoy yourselves these next few days and ring in the new year with hope in your hearts (low expectations, but still hope).
Generated by Bitmoji
Catch you all on the flipside.

2 comments:

  1. Bye bye 2020! You will not be missed! I think we can all universally agree that this is one of the worst years ever and will go down in the history books as complete and utter garbage. My expectations for 2021 aren't that great, but as they say, 'hope for the best, but expect the worst.' Yeesh, even saying it's 2021 sounds weird. It sounds so unreal and futuristic. Where are our flying cars?

    Hahaha, you're welcome on being blessed with my muse. I'm glad that it can help you because seriously, my muse just won't shut up right now! I can't wait to see what this idea is that I've apparently accidentally inspired! It will be a wonderful start to the year to read something from you! I hope that things look a lot brighter for you this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops. Forgot to go back and reply to your comments.

      Yeah, 2020 will NOT be missed in the slightest! I thought I hated 2019! Boy was I naive! Glad both of those trash years are gone. Here's to 2021 being an upswing from those years, but, at best, I think we'll get another 2019. :P As long as we work our way back to a 2017. That was a good year for me. ^_^

      Delete