Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Happy Anniversary! and "Leather & Lies" Release

This is going to be a short post this week, because today is my seven year anniversary with my best friend and love of my life.

I haven't really done much reading or writing wise this week anyway. I've been a bit burnt out, so I focused on other things. Mostly, I'm focusing on learning Japanese. So I downloaded the app Duolingo, and I've been a bit obsessed with this app ever since.
As of last night...
I've been averaging about 250XP per day.
My daily goal is 30XP.
I still have quite a ways to go. I'm probably the equivalent of a pre-schooler at best. Still, I'm loving this app and I just may learn a second language yet! I may even add in Spanish to shake off the rust on that and MAYBE become fluent in it finally, instead of only remembering enough for exams and then apparently instantly forgetting everything.


I've also let a couple of other scenes for "One and the Same" stew a bit in my head. I really should start writing them down though. At least to get a rough rough draft figured out.

Well, since I've slacked with writing this week, I guess I should at least use this blog to help promote someone who HAS written.

Namely, Celeste Straub. Her debut novel "Leather and Lies" is available TOMORROW!!!! Kind of a nice birthday gift, since her b'day was yesterday.
Have you pre-ordered your copy of "Leather and Lies" yet? You still have time!

You can snag your paperback pre-order on Barnes & Noble or Amazon.

If you prefer the ebook version, the above links work for that as well. You can also pre-order the e-book version on Smashwords, iTunes, Kobo, and Google Play.

I can't wait until I get the email on Wednesday to tell me my paperback copy is shipping. One last "Way to go!" to Celeste Straub.

And while I'm still waiting for an update of when "Not So Imaginary" officially publishes, I do have another update on Ali Luke. After a bit of a hiatus, Ali has unveiled her updated look to her writing advice blog Aliventures. The place is so streamlined and shiny! She did a great job with the rework of the blog. Another cool thing? She decided to rework the prices on her products as well. So, most of her items have dropped three or four dollars in order to make the prices a bit more universal and easy to add the 35% discount for anyone who subscribed to her.
So go check out her new look, and see if there's any writing help you'd love to pick up with the new prices.

Alright, as pathetically small as this blog is this week, I'd rather be cuddling my Hubby right now. Sorry, folks.


Until next week!

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! I'm so happy for you guys and I wish you all the best for the future!

    I think I definitely might try that app you mentioned. I've been really tempted to learn Japanese and French and maybe brush up on my German and Spanish. I get what you mean about learning enough for exams and then forgetting everything. I barely remember any Spanish now, which is a shame.

    It's cool that this blog post was short, you go cuddle your hubby! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just occurred to me that I never responded even though I read your comment right away. Sorry about that. Thank you for the well wishes. Hubby and I enjoyed our day together.

      Also, I am totally addicted to this app, but it doesn't work for everyone. I do have a friend that already told me it bored him, so he moved on to workbooks instead, so it really does depend on how you learn. Still, I highly recommend it.

      Delete